Saturday, April 29, 2017

Readathon 2017

Hello? Is this thing on? All right then, let's get reading. Here's to you, Dewey.
I'll be starting with my book club book, A Man Called Ove. I'm on page 146 of 337. Book Club is Tuesday. Par for the course these days, for me. I'm starting 2 hours late because 5 a.m. and I have spent plenty of time lying awake together lately. Sleep is a precious commodity these days and I just can't say no when my brain will do it. And, now I've spent the first half hour taking care of pets and typing this blog post on my phone. I'll check in at 8.

Hour 6 update Well, that went quickly. It's 10:30 and I've read 85 pages and done a challenge or two. My 6 word story is on Twitter, @worducopia. I'll be taking a break in an hour to go to a Pound class. A little exercise, I decided, should help my productivity in the long run. Just over 100 pages to go on Ove. Let's do this! My goal is to be on to a second book by hour 8.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Alison, what is the goal? So many books in so many hours/days/weeks? I loved A Man Called Ove. Hope you liked it. What is the next one on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tami, The event was 24 hours of reading. I read for a total of about 10 hours. And, I loved A Man Called Ove, as did most of my book club.

      Delete
    2. Apparently Blogger didn't recognize me on my phone, lol

      Delete
  2. You've won a Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon prize! Email us at deweyreadathon@gmail.com to claim it!

    ReplyDelete