Saturday, September 14, 2013

At the Antique Shop

I haven't posted a Saturday Snapshot in a while (okay, I haven't posted much of anything in a while). Life has kept me busy and away from the land of Worducopia. The upside is, I have lots of photos lined up to share.

This series is from an antique shop I visited during a beach weekend in Washington with friends. I had a lot of fun taking photos inside the shop, but first I had to stop for a portrait of these beautiful great Danes who were patiently waiting for their owner in the parking lot. Clearly these sweethearts are accustomed to posing for photos, don't you think?


The photo below is a jumble of stuff and didn't even crop well, but I love how they set up the space as if the cow were waiting to see the dentist. Or maybe the cow is the dentist? 


Calling all ducks

 I just love these old tins. 


What I'm reading: So many books half-finished, strewn around my house! I need to at least put them in a stack or something and start working my way through them. Then I can add them to the stack of books waiting to review.

More Saturday Snapshots are available at West Metro Mommy

13 comments:

  1. We're off to an antiques fair next weekend. Thank you for the inspiration!

    Here's <a href="http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/09/headed-almost-west.html'>my Saturday Snapshot.</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antique shops are so intriguing. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a fun shop! The dogs look like they are just waiting... for photo or master/mistress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a good looks around that shop. Lots of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cow is the dentist. lol Those Great Danes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've just spent our weekend decluttering our house so we could do the bedroom shuffle! it was very cathartic, so at the moment I see your lovely photos and just see clutter & dust collectors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That white dog looks very distrustful to me. I'm not completely certain that is a cow! And why do old tins look good there but just messy in my kitchen cupboard?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous shop, all stacked with the kind of stuff you usually see in museums... I'd love some tins like that. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/1SXA7W - still on my 'other' blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos...I love going into antique shops.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dogs! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that pic of the cow set up. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Great Danes! They are just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice collection of antique thing. If you all looking for antiquarian books online then you must visit collectible cat for it.

    ReplyDelete