Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cruisin' Sherwood Snapshots

Last weekend I took Evan and his friend to Sherwood, Oregon, for their Classic and Custom Car Show. Evan loves this show because it takes place throughout the streets of this quaint small town. You wander through town, never knowing what you're going to find parked in front of the barber shop or the diner. Here are some of my favorite photos that he took.

The combination of the car detail with the reflection of the photographer really captures the mood of the day for me. Evan has a lot of friends, but very few who share (or even understand) his love and knowledge of all things automobile. It was so much fun to watch him and his buddy, both so enthusiastically finding the perfect positions to take pictures from. I tried to take a photo of the two of them taking photos. I ended up with a lot of shots of them walking away to the next vehicle. Stupid phone camera and its 5-second delay.

This classic VW bus was truncated to make it absolutely adorable. Evan quipped, "Oh, look, it's the first mini-van!" He cracks me up.
By the way, little tip if you're ever looking at cars with guys who love them: "Cute" and "adorable?" Not acceptable words to describe a vehicle.
It's just really not okay.
Unless you're the mom. Because the mom is not doing her job fully  if she doesn't provide opportunity for eye rolling.

I think this is a work in progress, but I just love this car's personality.
No, it's not "cute." Even I can see that. 
This fellow is a total bruiser.

For more Saturday Snapshots or to participate, go to West Metro Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the VW!! Great shots and thanks for dropping by and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What interesting cars - I think we need more vehicles like these on our roads! My Snapshot is http://goo.gl/9IGEs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day to spend with your son and his friends. Great shots too, I hate that 5 second delay as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to see cars! I love the old mini-bus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I love these photos.

    Looks like a lot of fun. THANKS for stopping by my Snapshot Saturday Post.

    THANKS.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with boys and old cars??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could see driving around in the classic VW bus. It is adorable. :-)

    My camera has that irritating delay too. :-( The delay increases, the more photos I have on the camera. I've tried getting used to it and so taking the shot BEFORE I actually think I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made the connection between the amount of memory taken up on the card and the time delay--I'll have to look into that!

      Delete
  8. I love the photos especially of the VW bus. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete