Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Peaceful in Portland

Today I'm reading Peaceful Portland, by Paul Gerald. I absolutely love this book. It's full of ideas for local outings--some well-known, some hidden away. If you live in or visit Portland, I highly recommend having a copy on hand.

I found my own peaceful reading spot, next to the fireplace . . .  and then spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to post my Instagram photos on my blog, which was not at all peaceful. 

I finally gave up and just posted the raw photos here. To see the fancy versions, go to my Instagram page.


Estellagram Challenge prompt: Nonfiction

The teaser in the photo below is from Peaceful Portland's description of a hike on Mt. Hood. In case you can't read it in my photo, the text version is below.

Book Soulmates Challenge prompt: Teaser Tuesday
"Whenever I go to Eagle Creek, I expect to see fairies. It's really that magical: waterfalls plunging from all around into a lush, green canyon; a mountain stream rolling along at the base of vertical cliffs; a trail that seems suspended in midair."

Now, if that doesn't want to make you visit the Portland area, I'll bet it at least makes you want to read the book!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading


6 comments:

  1. It took me a while to figure out how to post Instagram photos and now I'm not sure I can remember how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Portland several times, and I'm sure I'll go there again. (I live in the Seattle area.) This book sounds like it would be a great resource for outings around Portland.
    My Teaser is from THE LAW OF SIMILARS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Portland would love to visit. I think I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stepmom is heading to Portland this week and I would so love to go with her! I've only been to Oregon once and it was a quick weekend trip and was too rainy/foggy to see much of Mt. Hood.

    On another note--this is a big work around but I've been using it lately to post Instagram pics on my blog. In your Blogger settings you can set up posting from mobile devices. Once you do this, you can email the picture from your phone (I use i phone) to the blog in the form of a post. If you have more than one picture then I think these have to be emailed individually and thus will be separate posts but you can then just cut and paste the html code into whatever post you're working on. I know--BIG work around but handy if you're not able to upload your instagram pictures on your computer. Or you could just email them to yourself, download them, and upload to blog. Sorry for the ramble... ;)

    ReplyDelete