Any guesses on how long I lasted after turning out the lights last night?
I woke up again at 4:30 and thought to myself, "I could turn on the computer, do the last mini-challenges, maybe read another few pages, and say I made it through the whole thing with a 4-hour nap in the middle!"
Then I thought, "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
Total pages read: 689, that's $68.90 for GrowingGardens.
Here's the survey requested by the wonderful folks who pulled this thing together:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The hour when I was trying to pull a stubborn splinter out of my son's foot. At one point I asked him, "Can I read during this?" (He said no).
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The books I read kept me engaged but if I had it to do over I'd save The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for another day.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, it was great!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Twitter!
5. How many books did you read? See #6
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (complete)
The Ranger's Apprentice, book 3 (last 2 chapters)
The Ranger's Apprentice, book 4 (first 5 chapters)
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (first 4 chapters)
First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria (first 6 1/2 chapters)
7. Which book did you enjoy most? I read Ranger's Apprentice out loud to the whole family so we were all snuggled on the couches laughing together--that was my favorite reading experience of the day. But Flygirl was my favorite of the books.
8. Which did you enjoy least? Probably Oscar Wao, but I did enjoy listening to it.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Just to know how important you are to the process. The comments here were great, of course, but also, I didn't want to visit blogs yesterday because I knew it would distract me from reading, so it was good to know there were folks picking up the slack.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I definitely want to read again!