1. What are you reading right now? Still working on Flygirl.
2. How many books have you read so far? One full book, pieces of several others
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I think First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria is next for me, and I've heard it's funny so I'm looking forward to that.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Just going to bed earlier than usual.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I've been pretty lucky so far, but I'm taking a break in a few minutes for dinner with the family and a Saturday night dancing tradition started by my 8 year old a few weeks ago.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How fast it's gone by!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not that I can think of, it's been awesome.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Can't think of anything yet.
9. Are you getting tired yet? My brain is starting to feel a little mushy. The dinner/dancing breaks will do me good.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Audiobooks were a great way to start the early morning, and have been great for giving my eyes a break, though it's slower and feels a little bit like cheating. And reading aloud to my family has kept them from feeling ignored. I won't win any prizes for most books or pages read, but I don't care about that part of it.
Running total of pages read: 563
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour
Running total of time spent reading: 10 1/2 hours