Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Graphic Novels Challenge


I'm so glad Laza is continuing this challenge that Dewey started. Thanks, Laza!

I'm doing the Minor level, which is 6 books, though I reserve the right to move up later. ;-)

Here's my list:

1. Incognegro, by Mat Johnson and Warren Pleece (Counts for my Diversity Rocks! challenge because the author is African American)
2. Janes in Love, by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg (because I loved The Plain Janes )
3. Embroideries (because I really liked Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis; this also counts for Diversity Rocks because she's Iranian)
4. Emiko Superstar by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Rolston. (Tamaki's Skim was well-loved by many and I thought it was just okay, so I'm compelled to try another by her to see if I like it better. And it also counts for Diversity Rocks, because she's Asian Canadian)
5. Maus, by Art Spiegelman (because it's waiting for me at the library...or at least, it was, until the library closed for 3 days due to snow and my hold expired! So it may be a while, I guess!)
6. Aya by Marguerite Abouet & Clément Oubrerie (because I needed one more. I found this on Boston Bibliophile--Marie is a great source for unique graphic novels!--and it also fits for Diversity Rocks because the authors are from the Ivory Coast).

No comments:

Post a Comment